don’t forget the Endewearde hunt is soon.
The forests of the Barony of Endewearde are vast and even though it is still summer, autumn will soon be upon us and the gentles will gather in the hollow to seek out friendship, knowledge, skill, and fame.
The Endewearde Hunt boasts all these things and more. The maples and oaks watch over as a new Baronial Archery Champion is sought through displays of prowess. Under the pines, people gather to learn arts and sciences from each other. Their Excellencies watch over the populace with love and admiration. Joyous days are had by all.
Endewearde’s premier camping event takes place in Newburgh, Maine, and will be filled with archery and thrown weapons competitions, as well as the selection of Endewearde’s new First Archer (Baronial Archery Champion), the famous Woods Walk (archery vs hidden targets), a potables round table, a vast A&S track including an embroidery challenge, and more!
There will be no day board or feast held at this event.
The site offers primitive camping and above ground fire pits are welcome! Dogs are also permitted but must always remain on a lead. Port-o-Castles will be located throughout the site for your convenience.
The location has no running water.
Please plan accordingly.
_ Camping the weekend =
Adults $35.00 (Member $30)
Youth (6-17) $10.00
Children (0-5) $0.00
_ Day Tripping =
Adults $25.00 (Member $20)
Youth (6-17) $5.00
Children (0-5) $0.00
Make checks payable to: SCA-Maine, Inc. Endewearde.
Pre Registration is not required.
Event Steward: Master Godric of Hamtun, 207-944-0147, email@example.com, mka Raymond Sprague.
If you wish to merchant at the Hunt please contact the Event Steward.
Site opens 9 am Friday October 6. Site closes 1 pm Monday October 9. Everyone must be off site by 1 pm on Monday.
2910 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
There are still plenty of seats available for the Feast of Saint Sylvester to be held on Saturday, January 7, 2017 in Northeast Harbor, Maine. The deadline for reservations is coming up quickly so please visit the event website to download and print the reservation form. It is highly recommended that you send the Reservations Clerk, Master Godric of Hamtun, email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know that you have just mailed your payment.
We are one month away from the Feast of Saint Sylvester. Here are some important information updates for the event.
DEADLINES: Tuesday, December 27, 2016
The deadline for the Reservations Clerk to receive your payment (via postal mail service) to reserve your seat for the evening feast is Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
The deadline to register and declare your intent to enter the Baronial Arts & Sciences competition is also Tuesday, December 27, 2016. Please email your registration information to Lady Yzabel du Perche at email@example.com AND Meisterin Agatha Wanderer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line A&S CHAMPIONS REGISTRATION
TALLY OF SEATS AVAILABLE FOR FEAST
Our Exchequer and Reservations Clerk, Master Godric of Hamtun would like to share the status of available seats for the delicious feast as of December 4, 2016.
We have 26 confirmed reservations and 10 more potential reservations (based on email correspondence indicating “the check in is the mail”). Right now we potentially have 36 of our 75 seats reserved.
Reservations for the feast are still being accepted. Please visit the event website for registration fees and the Reservation Clerk’s postal mailing address.
PREVIEW OF FEAST MENU
We have an early preview of the feast menu from Lady Lijsbet van Catwiic:
- Boiled-egg mice – egg, radish, carrot
- Breads with honey and honey butter
- Sliced raw vegetables – carrot, cucumber, radish
- Salad of Greens – assorted greens, leek, assorted herbs; separate dressing of olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper
- Hirchones – ground pork, ginger, mace, pepper, salt, pepper, almonds
- Snow with Pastry – cream, egg white, sugar, rosewater; flour, lard, salt; gluten free will be available
- Salad of Roots – carrots, parsnips, turnips, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper
- Roasted Chicken with Lumbard Mustard – chicken; mustard seed, honey, red wine, red wine vinegar
- Roast of Beef with Saracen Sauce – beef; rosehips, red wine, almond flour, cinnamon, mace, sugar, rice flour, pomegranate seeds
- Strawberry Tart – strawberries, sugar, red wine: flour, lard, salt
- Candied Horseradish – horseradish, sugar
- Spanish Candy – sugar syrup leftover from candied horseradish, dried rose petals, rosewater
ARTS & SCIENCES RESEARCH PAPER AID
Meisterin Agatha Wanderer has prepared an aid to help those writing research documentation as follows:
- as-research-rubric (pdf)
You may download and review the following score sheets (pdf)
- General Score Sheet (pdf)
- Cooking Score Sheet (pdf)
- Performance Score Sheet (pdf) (revised September 2016)
SOURCES OF INFORMATION TO MEET DIFFERENT NEEDS
- The official website for the event can be found on the Canton of Basingestoches websiteunder Feast of Saint Sylvester. Information about the feast menu, day schedule, activities and other general details are presented on this event website.
- Specific information about the Baronial Arts & Sciences Championship is found through the Barony of Endewearde website under Barony of Endewearde Arts & Sciences Championship. Specifics about how who is eligible to enter, how entries are evaluated, score sheets, research aids, and any other information related to how the championship competition will be conducted are presented there.
- The East Kingdom Calendar event Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championshipis an official SCA event announcement but contains an earlier and more concise summary of essential event details. It redirects the reader back to the event webpage on the Canton of Basingestoches website for expanded details.
- Both the Feast event webpage and the Arts & Sciences competition page cross link to one another as official event pages in the Barony of Endewearde. Both also contain a link to the unofficial facebook event page Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championship which is publicly accessible to those who choose not to join facebook. You may find it useful to refer to the facebook event page for last minute updates.
Before the dawn of a new day the staff of the seaside Canton of Basingestoches have arisen and are preparing to welcome guests for its second celebration of the Feast of Saint Sylvester. The reservations clerk has carefully tallied monies, the grand feast hall has been swept and adorned in grand furnishings, the head cook and her staff have lovingly wrought their kitchen magics to bring forth a culinary spectacle as never before seen in these fair coastal lands of the Barony of Endewearde.